Hand & Lore link

  • john mcewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
      To anyone, I`am a new member to the Hand Cousins group
      and but I`am n`t a Hand descendant who a cousin to the
      children of John Hand & Alice Gransden of
      Easthampton,LI.Alice Gransden & John Hand are my grand
      aunt & uncle many times over. I`am also related to
      Lore family of Dividing Creek,Cumberland Co.NJ. Can
      anyone tell how Martha Hand who m-Jonathan Lore ,Rhoda
      Hand who m-Seth Lore and (Experience ?) Hand who
      m-Auley Lore ( brother to Seth )is related to each?
      I`am related to the Lores of Dividing Creek through
      Job Loree sr 1725-1807 from Southold,LI who went to
      Morris Co.NJ in the 1740s. John

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ken Grace
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
        John, Welcome to Handcousins!

        Martha Hand was a daughter of Recompense Hand and his wife Esther.  Recompense was a son of Thomas Hand and grandson of John and Alice.

        Rhoda Hand was a daughter of Elisha Hand and Esther Teal.  Elisha was the son of Silas Hand and Sarah Crowell.  Silas was the son of John Hand and Mercy Crowell.  John was another son of Thomas Hand and grandson of John and Alice.

        So, Martha Hand and Rhoda Hand were of different generations of Hands.  If Recompense and John were brothers, then Martha and Silas were cousins.  So, I make it that Martha and Rhoda were first cousins twice removed.

        I don't have your Auley Lore, so I don't know who was his wife.  I have three Experience Hands:
        1) daughter of Jacob Hand (d. 1772) and Experience Crowell, who were married 8 June 1748,
        2) daughter of Jeremiah Hand (b. 1709) and Deborah Garrison (b. 1716), who were married 27 March 1734,
        3) daughter of Elisha Hand (1711-1754) and Lydia Eldredge (1695-1755), (don't have wedding date).

        Perhaps someone else can identify if any of these fit.

        Ken Grace

        john mcewen wrote:

        To anyone, I`am a new member to the Hand Cousins group
        and but I`am n`t a Hand descendant who a cousin to the
        children of John Hand & Alice Gransden of
        Easthampton, LI.Alice Gransden & John Hand are my grand
        aunt & uncle many times over. I`am also related to
        Lore family of Dividing Creek,Cumberland Co.NJ. Can
        anyone tell how Martha Hand who m-Jonathan Lore ,Rhoda
        Hand who m-Seth Lore and (Experience ?) Hand who
        m-Auley Lore ( brother to Seth )is related to each?
        I`am related to the Lores of Dividing Creek through
        Job Loree sr 1725-1807 from Southold,LI who went to
        Morris Co.NJ in the 1740s. John

        _,_._,___
      • Ken Grace
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
          I forgot to mention that a Thomas Hand married someone named Lore, but I don't know her first name.
          This Thomas (b. abt. 1745, d. bef. 13 May 1783) was the son of Thomas Hand and Elizabeth (Brandreth?), grandson of Josiah Hand and Mary Halsey, and greatgrandson of Shamgar Hand.

          Ken G.
          ,_._,___
        • carolsgn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
            Auley Lore was b. circa 1792 in Dividing Creek, NJ, the son of
            Nathaniel Lore and Rachel Cook who married in 1798. Rachel was the
            daughter of Eldad Cook and Deborah Bowen.

            Auley Lore married 02, Nov., 1814 in Downe Twsp., NJ Experience Peony
            Hand b. 14 Feb. 1791, died 02 May, 1874 at 83 years of age.

            He lived in Odessa Delaware and in 1842 resided in Philadelphia, Pa.
            Auley died 19 Aug. 1849 in Blackbird, Delaware. Source "The Lores of
            Cumberland County, New Jersey" by Sara Robbins Hoffman, p. 21 & p. 41.
          • carolsgn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
              Lore family of Dividing Creek,Cumberland Co.NJ.
              Can
              > anyone tell how

              Martha Hand..... ( b. Sept. 05, 1769, Cape May, NJ,the daughter of
              Recompence Hand and Esther Osbourne )who m-Jonathan Lore ,

              Rhoda Hand..... (b. Sept. 04, 1799 daughter of Elisha Hand and Esther
              Teal) who m-Seth Lore

              and (Experience ?) Hand ( b. Feb. 14, 1791 daughter of ? ) who
              > m-Auley Lore ( brother to Seth )is related to each?

              I`am related to the Lores of Dividing Creek through
              > Job Loree sr 1725-1807 from Southold,LI who went to
              > Morris Co.NJ in the 1740s. John

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Ken Grace
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
                Based on this info, none of the three Experience Hands in my database are this Experience Hand.

                Ken G.

                carolsgn wrote:

                Auley Lore married 02, Nov., 1814 in Downe Twsp., NJ Experience Peony
                Hand b. 14 Feb. 1791, died 02 May, 1874 at 83 years of age.

                _._,___