Elizabeth Hand

  • Tunacat107@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000
      Dear Cousins,

      Does anyone have any information on Elizabeth Hand daughter of Thomas Hand
      and Jerusha; and Elizabeth Hand daughter of Hezekiah Hand.

      I am once again looking for the parents of Elizabeth Hand. Elizabeth married
      Thomas Hand whose will was written on April 16, 1796, and proved on May 10,
      1796. Elizabeth and Thomas had only 1 child, Thomas Hand. Eleazar Hand was
      Thomas Jr.'s guardian and also the executor of Thomas Sr.'s estate.
      Elizabeth Hand died on January 29, 1800. I figure that Elizabeth was born
      around 1770.

      I have several theories on who Elizabeth's parents were.

      1. If her maiden name is Hand; there are several entries in the NJ will
      abstracts that list an Elizabeth Hand.

      a. Thomas Hand will dated March 22, 1783 wife Jerusha had a daughter
      Elizabeth
      b. Hezekiah Hand will dated April 7, 1800, (son of Nehemiah Hand) had a
      daughter Elizabeth.

      2. If her maiden name was not Hand.
      a. Daniel Loder will dated April 10, 1800, had a daughter Elizabeth Hand.

      Any information would be appreciated. Linda Smith (Tunacat107@...)