Speer Hammocks in Backpacker magazine

  • Jim Greenway
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
      Don't know if this is old news here or not (didn't see any references to it
      in Messages). Backpacker magazine has a photo of a Speer in use on page 32
      of the September '05 issue. It's in an article on the Atchafalaya. The only
      text reference is in regard to the writer's use of hammocks in case
      "sleeping on solid ground" wasn't available in a swamp. He mentioned that he
      and his kayaking partner were concerned that they'd appear to be "mammoth
      burritos" to the gators. Anyway, it certainly looks like a Speer, all the
      way down to the tell-tale pink tarp support line. Speer rules!

      Jim Greenway

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
        news to me. I'll have to make it to huntsville to a bookstore and
        check it out. local stores dont carry backpacker. might just have to
        get Ed to autograph a copy for me LOL

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Greenway"
        <mtnpathfinder@m...> wrote:
        > Don't know if this is old news here or not (didn't see any
        references to it
        > in Messages). Backpacker magazine has a photo of a Speer in use on
        page 32
        > of the September '05 issue. It's in an article on the Atchafalaya.
        The only
        > text reference is in regard to the writer's use of hammocks in case
        > "sleeping on solid ground" wasn't available in a swamp. He mentioned
        that he
        > and his kayaking partner were concerned that they'd appear to be
        "mammoth
        > burritos" to the gators. Anyway, it certainly looks like a Speer,
        all the
        > way down to the tell-tale pink tarp support line. Speer rules!
        >
        > Jim Greenway

        FREE!