Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: poetry (I disagree)

  • list@moz.geek.nz
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
      > There was an old man from Nantucket
      > Whose quilt was so wide he could tuck it
      > In a hammock cocoon
      > He slept until noon
      > While the tenters bailed water with buckets

      that's a good one. I like it ;-)

      Moz
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
        You have started something Ralph. You guys & gals keep the poetry
        coming-I'll publish the best in the next newsletter...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        > But I can assure you that NO one in Nantucket sleeps in hammocks...

        Eh...

        There was an old man from Nantucket
        Whose quilt was so wide he could tuck it
        In a hammock cocoon
        He slept until noon
        While the tenters bailed water with buckets

        :)

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "hammockcamping

        _____

      • titanium_hamok
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 4, 2005
          >>Hammock poetry

          mr. sandman comes
          so easily
          It's hard to believe
          it's minus three
          wrapped up warm
          in my hammock
          sleeping peacefully

          errr... first post and I'm spouting poetry.

          titanium
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
            I love it Ralph!!! Great job.

            jamie in AZ

            > Hangers
            >
            > Ground people sleep in tarp and tent
            > Wondering where all their sleep went.
            > Fighting the rock, the root, the cone.
            > Where is my sleep? Here all alone.
            > Vis'ted by ants, snakes, skunks and slugs
            > Down in the mud with all the bugs.
            >
            > By all accounts, we came from dust,
            > It doesn't mean, sleep there we must.
            > Tree people hang by strap and rope
            > Over the ground, above the slope
            > While in our dreams, we could then fly
            > Hanging there 'neath earth and sky
            >
            > Ralph Oborn
          • Sandy Kramer
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
              methinketh you should have a line viz "running amok in my hamok"

              titanium_hamok <titanium_geek@...> wrote:>>Hammock poetry

              mr. sandman comes
              so easily
              It's hard to believe
              it's minus three
              wrapped up warm
              in my hammock
              sleeping peacefully

              errr... first post and I'm spouting poetry.

              titanium

              Sandy Kramer
              work # 305-471-1913
            • titanium_hamok
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Sandy Kramer <sandykayak@y...>
                wrote:
                > methinketh you should have a line viz "running amok in my hamok"

                the name comes from a yahoo sign up guff- I signed up for
                titanium_hammock and now I can't get in... so signed up for
                titanium_hamok. :)

                Am I running amok?
                my parents think I'm crazy,
                my friends think I'm nuts,
                am I insane?
                No! I just like to hammock! (or hamok as the case may be)

                very bad poetry courtesy of
                titanium_hamok
                (Al)
              • Sandy Kramer
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
                  LOL!!!!

                  titanium_hamok <titanium_geek@...> wrote:--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Sandy Kramer <sandykayak@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > methinketh you should have a line viz "running amok in my hamok"

                  the name comes from a yahoo sign up guff- I signed up for
                  titanium_hammock and now I can't get in... so signed up for
                  titanium_hamok. :)

                  Am I running amok?
                  my parents think I'm crazy,
                  my friends think I'm nuts,
                  am I insane?
                  No! I just like to hammock! (or hamok as the case may be)

                  very bad poetry courtesy of
                  titanium_hamok
                  (Al)

                  Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                  Sandy Kramer
                  work # 305-471-1913
                • Aris Dennis
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
                    Titanium_hamok's last one sound like winnie the pooh
                    poetry! Wonderful!

                    A poem (By apfel, but also by Pooh)

                    When it snows, tiddley pom
                    the more it blows, tiddley pom

                    And though hammocks sway, tiddley pom
                    they do not weigh, tiddley pom

                    Above my tarp, tiddley pom
                    The birds do lark, tiddley pom

                    And noone knows, tiddley pom
                    How cold my nose, tiddley pom
                    How cold my nose, tiddley pom
                    Is growing

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
                      Very good Shane! As one of the best, yours will go in the next newsletter!

                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 5, 2005
                        Okay I'm tossing my hat in the ring too. What a fun thread. :)

                        Lying between nylon cozy and warm
                        Enjoying flashes and rumbles from the nearing storm
                        I thank the good Lord for my Hennessy and for trees
                        Then slowly drift off, swaying gently in the evening breeze

                        Jamie in AZ
                      • dclark52001
                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                          Hi Ed
                          This seems to be a judgement based on quantity!
                          :0)

                        • Shane Steinkamp
                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                            > Very good Shane! As one of the best, yours will go in the next
                            > newsletter!
                            > ....Ed

                            Oh, that's just a quickie. I can do Rhyme of the Ancient Hammocker too...

                            PART THE FIRST

                            It is an ancient hammocker,
                            And he stoppeth one of three.
                            "By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
                            Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

                            "The Bridegroom's doors are opened wide,
                            And I am next of kin;
                            The guests are met, the feast is set:
                            May'st hear the merry din."

                            He holds him with his skinny hand,
                            "There was a hammock," quoth he.
                            "Hold off! unhand me, greybeard loon!"
                            Eftsoons his hand dropt he.

                            He holds him with his glittering eye -
                            The wedding-guest stood still,
                            And listens like a three years' child:
                            The Hammocker hath his will.

                            Somehow, though, that's not quite as good. ;)

                            Shane
                          • Ralph Oborn
                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                              Quick !!!

                              Somebody beat Shane to the Walrus and the Carpenter"

                              And the Gettysburg address

                              Is nothing sacred???

                              Ralph who's starting to regret starting this thread..... :]

                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                                OK, Shane-I'm sure you can finish this-I have faith in ya...Ed

                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                                  > Quick !!!
                                  >
                                  > Somebody beat Shane to the Walrus and the Carpenter"

                                  Lou had much better drugs than I do...

                                  > And the Gettysburg address

                                  Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent,
                                  a new sleep system, conceived in Comfort, and dedicated to the proposition
                                  that all people should sleep well in the wilderness.

                                  > Is nothing sacred???

                                  Wrong list... ;)

                                  Shane
                                • Shane Steinkamp
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 6, 2005
                                    Maybe tonight. :)

                                    Shane

                                    > OK, Shane-I'm sure you can finish this-I have faith in
                                    > ya...Ed

                                    > Oh, that's just a quickie. I can do Rhyme of the
                                    > Ancient Hammocker too...
                                  • Ralph Oborn
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 7, 2005
                                      Is nothing sacred?

                                      My heartfelt apologies to Ted Geisel, but I couldn't help myself. (I
                                      blame Shane)

                                      Ralph

                                      THE HAMMOCK MAN

                                      Sam I am, I am Sam
                                      I am Sam, Sam I am

                                      That Sam-I-am!
                                      That Sam-I-am!
                                      I do not like that Sam-I-am!

                                      Do you like hammocks, man?

                                      I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
                                      I do not like hammocks, Sam.

                                      Would you like them here or there?

                                      I would not like them here or there.
                                      I would not like them anywhere.
                                      I do not like hammocks, Sam.
                                      I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

                                      Would you like them in a house?
                                      Would you like them with a mouse?

                                      I do not like them in a house.
                                      I do not like them with a mouse.
                                      I do not like them here or there.
                                      I do not like them anywhere.
                                      I do not like hammocks, Sam.
                                      I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

                                      Would you use them in a box?
                                      Would you use them with a fox?

                                      Not in a box.
                                      Not with a fox.
                                      Not in a house.
                                      Not with a mouse.
                                      I would not use them here or there.
                                      I would not use them anywhere.
                                      I would not use hammocks, Sam.
                                      I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

                                      Would you? Could you?
                                      Hang from a car?
                                      Use them! Use them!
                                      Here they are.

                                      I would not, could not, hang from a car.

                                      You may like them.
                                      You will see.
                                      You may like to hang from a tree!

                                      I would not, could not hang from a tree.
                                      Not in a car! You let me be!

                                      I do not hang them in a box.
                                      I do not hang them with a fox.
                                      I do not hang them in a house.
                                      I do not hang them with a mouse.
                                      I do not hang them here or there.
                                      I do not hang them anywhere.
                                      I do not hang hammocks, Sam.
                                      I do not hang them, Sam-I-am.

                                      A train! A train!
                                      A train! A train!
                                      Could you, would you, tie on a train?

                                      Not on a train! Not in a tree!
                                      Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

                                      I would not, could not, tie in a box.
                                      I could not, would not, tie with a fox.
                                      I will not tie them with a mouse.
                                      I will not tie them in a house.
                                      i will not tie them here or there.
                                      I will not tie them anywhere.
                                      I do not tie hammocks, Sam.
                                      I do not tie them, Sam-I-am.

                                      Say!
                                      In the dark?
                                      Here in the dark, under a tarp!
                                      Would you, could you, sleep in the dark, under a tarp?

                                      I would not, could not,
                                      Sleep in the dark, under a tarp.

                                      Would you, could you,
                                      in the rain?

                                      Are you insane?
                                      I would not, could not, in the rain.
                                      Not in the dark under a tarp. Not on a train.
                                      Not in a car. Not in a tree.
                                      I do not like them, Sam, you see.
                                      Not in a house. Not in a box.
                                      Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.
                                      I will not put them here or there.
                                      I do not put them anywhere!

                                      You do not like hammocks?

                                      I do not like hammocks,
                                      Sam-I-am.

                                      Could you, would you with a goat?

                                      I would not, could not, set up with a goat!

                                      Would you, could you, set up on a boat?

                                      I could not, would not, set up on a boat.
                                      I will not, will not, set up with a goat.
                                      I will not hang them in the rain.
                                      I will not hang them on a train.
                                      Not hang in the dark! Not hang in a tree!
                                      Not sleep in a car! You let me be!
                                      I do not tie them in a box.
                                      I do not tie them with a fox.
                                      I will not use them in a house.
                                      I do not use them with a mouse.
                                      I do not like them here or there.
                                      I do not like them ANYWHERE

                                      I do not like hammocks, Sam!

                                      I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

                                      You do not like them.
                                      So you say.
                                      Try them! Try them!
                                      And you may.
                                      Try them and you may, I say.

                                      Sam!
                                      If you will let me be, I will try them.
                                      You will see.

                                      Say!
                                      I like hammocks!
                                      I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
                                      And I would set up in a boat.
                                      And I would set up with a goat...

                                      And I will hang them in the rain.
                                      And hang in the dark. And hang on a train.
                                      And hang in a car. And hang in a tree.
                                      They are so good, so good, you see!

                                      So I will tie them in a box.
                                      And I will tie them with a fox.