Re: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
      I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

      sandy

      RevT <brian.tannehill@...> wrote:
      Sure thing.

      I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
      Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

      Brian

      On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
      > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
      > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
      > and
      > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
      > Thanks
      > for the heads up..Ed

      Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

      Sandy Kramer
      work # 305-471-1913

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
        Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
        didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
        straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
        including the August issue, are posted free at:

        You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
        painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

        Happy Hammocking..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
        > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
        > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
        > and
        > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
        > Thanks
        > for the heads up..Ed

        Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

        Sandy Kramer
        work # 305-471-1913

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "hammockcamping

        _____

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
          For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
          Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

          http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

          In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

          What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
          web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
          31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
          messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
          Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
          over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
          one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
          making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
          becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
          with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
          report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
          Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List
          Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
          Editor, Hammock Camping News
          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        • joe_ulrich
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
            Ed,

            When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
            found" message.

            Peace,
            Joe

            > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
            > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
            >
            > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
            >
            > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
            >
            > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
            > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
            Jul
            > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
            > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
            > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
            > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
            > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
            > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
            > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
            > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
            > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
            > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
            >
            > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
            > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
            > Editor, Hammock Camping News
            > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
              Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
              this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

              jamie in az

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                jamie in az

                > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                >
                > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                >
                > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                >
                > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                Jul
                > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                >
                > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                tim garner

              • chcoa
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                  Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                  posting.

                  jamie

                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                  end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                  link. ...slowhike

                  > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                  link did not work for me
                  > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                  >
                  > jamie in az
                  >
                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                  > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                  > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                  > >
                  > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                  > >
                  > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                  > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                  > Jul
                  > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                  found
                  > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                  newsletter.
                  > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                  now
                  > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                  new
                  > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                  > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                  > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                  fighting
                  > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                  > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                  fine.
                  > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                  > >
                  > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                  > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                  > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                  > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                  > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                  Terms of Service.