RE: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
      I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Banjo Doje
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:14 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now
      available

      Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

      "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
      ground? Switch to a hammock!"

      Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

      Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

      On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
      > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
      > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
      and
      > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
      Thanks

      --
      "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

      Camping
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
      ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
      tents

      Camping
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
      ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
      Q> hammock

      Happy
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
      g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
      camper

      Outdoors
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
      mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "hammockcamping

      _____

    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
        I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

        sandy

        RevT <brian.tannehill@...> wrote:
        Sure thing.

        I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
        Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

        Brian

        On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
        > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
        > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
        > and
        > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
        > Thanks
        > for the heads up..Ed

        Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

        Sandy Kramer
        work # 305-471-1913

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
          Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
          didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
          straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
          including the August issue, are posted free at:

          You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
          painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

          Happy Hammocking..Ed

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
            For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
            Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

            http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

            In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

            What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
            web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
            31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
            messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
            Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
            over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
            one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
            making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
            becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
            with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
            report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
            Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

            Moderator, Hammock Camping List
            Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
            Editor, Hammock Camping News
            Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
          • joe_ulrich
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
              Ed,

              When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
              found" message.

              Peace,
              Joe

              > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
              > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
              >
              > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
              >
              > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
              >
              > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
              > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
              Jul
              > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
              > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
              > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
              > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
              > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
              > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
              > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
              > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
              > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
              > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
              >
              > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
              > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
              > Editor, Hammock Camping News
              > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
            • chcoa
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                jamie in az

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                  jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                  chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                  this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                  jamie in az

                  > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                  > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                  >
                  > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                  >
                  > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                  >
                  > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                  > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                  Jul
                  > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                  > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                  > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                  > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                  > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                  > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                  > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                  > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                  > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                  > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                  >
                  > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                  > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                  > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                  > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                  Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                  tim garner

                • chcoa
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                    Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                    posting.

                    jamie

                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                    end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                    link. ...slowhike

                    > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                    link did not work for me
                    > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                    >
                    > jamie in az
                    >
                    > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                    > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                    > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                    > >
                    > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                    > >
                    > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                    > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                    > Jul
                    > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                    found
                    > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                    newsletter.
                    > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                    now
                    > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                    new
                    > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                    > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                    > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                    fighting
                    > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                    > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                    fine.
                    > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                    > >
                    > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                    > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                    > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                    > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                    > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                    Terms of Service.