Re: [Hammock Camping] pome

  • list@moz.geek.nz
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
      dclark52001 <dclark@...>:
      > Tarpaulin sheds rain
      > As in blissful sleep I dream
      > Until freshened morn

      Oi, no hammock mention!

      Moz
    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
        > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
        > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
        > > As in blissful sleep I dream
        > > Until freshened morn
        >
        > Oi, no hammock mention!
        >
        > Moz

        I think the "blissful sleep", in combination with a tarp, indicates the
        hammock.

        André
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
          If it was just about sleeping under a tarp it would be "bug-filled
          sleep".

          Bill in Houston

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, André Corterier
          <andre.corterier@f...> wrote:
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
          > > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
          > > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
          > > > As in blissful sleep I dream
          > > > Until freshened morn
          > >
          > > Oi, no hammock mention!
          > >
          > > Moz
          >
          > I think the "blissful sleep", in combination with a tarp, indicates
          the
          > hammock.
          >
          > André
        • dclark52001
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
            > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
            > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
            > > As in blissful sleep I dream
            > > Until freshened morn
            >
            > Oi, no hammock mention!
            >
            > Moz

            reply: no need, you've mentioned it!

            alternative reply: only 17 carefully crafted syllables in the oriental style, and still somebody
            bloody moans!

            another pome:

            Here in suspension
            but Oi, no hammock mention
            increases my tension

            :0)
          • Moz
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
              dclark52001 said:
              >> Oi, no hammock mention!
              > alternative reply: only 17 carefully crafted syllables in the
              > oriental style, and still somebody bloody moans!

              My offering fulfilled most of the traditional requirements, not just
              the syllable pattern, while also mentioning hammocks. Would you accept
              a sonnet of 9 lines? A tradtitional series of rhyming couplets with no
              rhyme?

              I find just two trees
              shedding leaves as the sun sets
              hammock goes between