pome

  • dclark52001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
      Tarpaulin sheds rain
      As in blissful sleep I dream
      Until freshened morn
    • list@moz.geek.nz
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
        dclark52001 <dclark@...>:
        > Tarpaulin sheds rain
        > As in blissful sleep I dream
        > Until freshened morn

        Oi, no hammock mention!

        Moz
      • André Corterier
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
          > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
          > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
          > > As in blissful sleep I dream
          > > Until freshened morn
          >
          > Oi, no hammock mention!
          >
          > Moz

          I think the "blissful sleep", in combination with a tarp, indicates the
          hammock.

          André
        • zippydooda
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
            If it was just about sleeping under a tarp it would be "bug-filled
            sleep".

            Bill in Houston

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, André Corterier
            <andre.corterier@f...> wrote:
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
            > > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
            > > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
            > > > As in blissful sleep I dream
            > > > Until freshened morn
            > >
            > > Oi, no hammock mention!
            > >
            > > Moz
            >
            > I think the "blissful sleep", in combination with a tarp, indicates
            the
            > hammock.
            >
            > André
          • dclark52001
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, list@m... wrote:
              > dclark52001 <dclark@w...>:
              > > Tarpaulin sheds rain
              > > As in blissful sleep I dream
              > > Until freshened morn
              >
              > Oi, no hammock mention!
              >
              > Moz

              reply: no need, you've mentioned it!

              alternative reply: only 17 carefully crafted syllables in the oriental style, and still somebody
              bloody moans!

              another pome:

              Here in suspension
              but Oi, no hammock mention
              increases my tension

              :0)
            • Moz
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
                dclark52001 said:
                >> Oi, no hammock mention!
                > alternative reply: only 17 carefully crafted syllables in the
                > oriental style, and still somebody bloody moans!

                My offering fulfilled most of the traditional requirements, not just
                the syllable pattern, while also mentioning hammocks. Would you accept
                a sonnet of 9 lines? A tradtitional series of rhyming couplets with no
                rhyme?

                I find just two trees
                shedding leaves as the sun sets
                hammock goes between