RE: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
      Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
      site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing and
      I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks
      for the heads up..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
        Sure thing.

        I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
        Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

        Brian

        On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
        > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
        > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
        > and
        > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
        > Thanks
        > for the heads up..Ed
      • Banjo Doje
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
          Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

          "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
          ground? Switch to a hammock!"

          Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

          Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

          --
          "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
            I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

            --
            "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

            Camping
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
            ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
            tents

            Camping
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
            ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
            Q> hammock

            Happy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
            g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
            camper

            Outdoors
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
            mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "hammockcamping

            _____

          • Sandy Kramer
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
              I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

              sandy

              On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
              > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
              > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
              > and
              > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
              > Thanks
              > for the heads up..Ed

              Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

              Sandy Kramer
              work # 305-471-1913

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
                didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
                straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
                including the August issue, are posted free at:

                You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
                painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

                Happy Hammocking..Ed

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                  For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                  Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

                  http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

                  In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

                  What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                  web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
                  31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                  messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                  Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                  over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                  one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                  making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                  becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                  with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                  report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                  Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

                  Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                  Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                  Editor, Hammock Camping News
                  Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                • joe_ulrich
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                    Ed,

                    When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
                    found" message.

                    Peace,
                    Joe

                    > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                    > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                    >
                    > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                    >
                    > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                    >
                    > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                    > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                    Jul
                    > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                    > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                    > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                    > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                    > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                    > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                    > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                    > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                    > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                    > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                    >
                    > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                    > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                    > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                    > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                  • chcoa
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                      Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                      this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                      jamie in az

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                        jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                        chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                        this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                        jamie in az

                        > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                        > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                        >
                        > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                        >
                        > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                        >
                        > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                        > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                        Jul
                        > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                        > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                        > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                        > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                        > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                        > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                        > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                        > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                        > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                        > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                        >
                        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                        > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                        > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                        Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                        tim garner

                      • chcoa
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                          Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                          posting.

                          jamie

                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                          wrote:
                          > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                          end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                          link. ...slowhike

                          > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                          link did not work for me
                          > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                          >
                          > jamie in az
                          >
                          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                          > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                          > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                          > >
                          > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                          > >
                          > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                          > >
                          > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                          > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                          > Jul
                          > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                          found
                          > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                          newsletter.
                          > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                          now
                          > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                          new
                          > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                          > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                          > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                          fighting
                          > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                          > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                          fine.
                          > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                          > >
                          > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                          > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                          > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                          > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                          > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                          Terms of Service.