RE: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2 7:51 PM
      Thanks Brian, I'll check it out..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of RevT
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:35 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now
      available

      Mr. Speer,

      I get a 404 Not found "The requested URL /Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
      was not found on this server."

      when I try to open the links. I can get to the news (second link) by
      going through the parent directory.

      Hope I didnt miss the boat.

      Brian

      On 7/31/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
      > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
      > See it free at:
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "hammockcamping

      _____

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2 8:07 PM
        Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
        site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing and
        I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks
        for the heads up..Ed

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2 8:12 PM
          Sure thing.

          I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
          Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

          Brian

          On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
          > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
          > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
          > and
          > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
          > Thanks
          > for the heads up..Ed
        • Banjo Doje
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2 8:14 PM
            Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

            "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
            ground? Switch to a hammock!"

            Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

            Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

            --
            "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 3 4:28 AM
              I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

              --
              "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

              Camping
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
              ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
              tents

              Camping
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
              ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
              Q> hammock

              Happy
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
              g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
              camper

              Outdoors
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
              mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "hammockcamping

              _____

            • Sandy Kramer
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 3 7:44 AM
                I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

                sandy

                On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
                > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
                > and
                > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
                > Thanks
                > for the heads up..Ed

                Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                Sandy Kramer
                work # 305-471-1913

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 3 10:56 AM
                  Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
                  didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
                  straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
                  including the August issue, are posted free at:

                  You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
                  painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

                  Happy Hammocking..Ed

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 10 3:23 PM
                    For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                    Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

                    http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

                    In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

                    What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                    web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
                    31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                    messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                    Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                    over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                    one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                    making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                    becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                    with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                    report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                    Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

                    Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                    Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                    Editor, Hammock Camping News
                    Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                  • joe_ulrich
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 10 3:37 PM
                      Ed,

                      When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
                      found" message.

                      Peace,
                      Joe

                      > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                      > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                      >
                      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                      >
                      > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                      >
                      > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                      > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                      Jul
                      > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                      > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                      > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                      > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                      > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                      > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                      > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                      > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                      > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                      > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                      >
                      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                      > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                      > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                    • chcoa
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 10 10:57 PM
                        Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                        this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                        jamie in az

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 11 3:53 AM
                          jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                          chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                          this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                          jamie in az

                          > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                          > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                          >
                          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                          >
                          > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                          >
                          > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                          > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                          Jul
                          > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                          > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                          > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                          > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                          > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                          > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                          > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                          > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                          > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                          > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                          >
                          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                          > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                          > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                          Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                          tim garner

                        • chcoa
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 12 12:04 AM
                            Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                            posting.

                            jamie

                            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                            wrote:
                            > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                            end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                            link. ...slowhike

                            > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                            link did not work for me
                            > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                            >
                            > jamie in az
                            >
                            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                            > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                            > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                            > >
                            > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                            > >
                            > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                            > >
                            > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                            > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                            > Jul
                            > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                            found
                            > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                            newsletter.
                            > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                            now
                            > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                            new
                            > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                            > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                            > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                            fighting
                            > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                            > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                            fine.
                            > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                            > >
                            > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                            > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                            > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                            > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                            > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                            Terms of Service.