Re: [Hammock Camping] August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

  • RevT
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
      Mr. Speer,

      I get a 404 Not found "The requested URL /Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
      was not found on this server."

      when I try to open the links. I can get to the news (second link) by
      going through the parent directory.

      Hope I didnt miss the boat.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
        Thanks Brian, I'll check it out..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        On 7/31/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
        > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
        > See it free at:
        > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "hammockcamping

        _____

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
          Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
          site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing and
          I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks
          for the heads up..Ed

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
            Sure thing.

            I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
            Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

            Brian

            On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
            > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
            > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
            > and
            > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
            > Thanks
            > for the heads up..Ed
          • Banjo Doje
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
              Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

              "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
              ground? Switch to a hammock!"

              Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

              Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

              --
              "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

                --
                "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

                Camping
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
                ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
                tents

                Camping
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
                ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
                Q> hammock

                Happy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
                g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
                camper

                Outdoors
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
                mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                _____

              • Sandy Kramer
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                  I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

                  sandy

                  On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
                  > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                  > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
                  > and
                  > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
                  > Thanks
                  > for the heads up..Ed

                  Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                  Sandy Kramer
                  work # 305-471-1913

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                    Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
                    didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
                    straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
                    including the August issue, are posted free at:

                    You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
                    painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

                    Happy Hammocking..Ed

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                      For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                      Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

                      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

                      In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

                      What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                      web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
                      31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                      messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                      Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                      over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                      one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                      making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                      becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                      with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                      report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                      Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

                      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                      Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                      Editor, Hammock Camping News
                      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                    • joe_ulrich
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                        Ed,

                        When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
                        found" message.

                        Peace,
                        Joe

                        > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                        > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                        >
                        > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                        >
                        > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                        >
                        > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                        > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                        Jul
                        > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                        > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                        > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                        > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                        > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                        > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                        > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                        > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                        > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                        > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                        >
                        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                        > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                        > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                      • chcoa
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                          Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                          this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                          jamie in az

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                            jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                            chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                            this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                            jamie in az

                            > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                            > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                            >
                            > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                            >
                            > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                            >
                            > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                            > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                            Jul
                            > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                            > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                            > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                            > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                            > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                            > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                            > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                            > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                            > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                            > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                            >
                            > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                            > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                            > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                            > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                            Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                            tim garner

                          • chcoa
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                              Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                              posting.

                              jamie

                              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                              wrote:
                              > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                              end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                              link. ...slowhike

                              > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                              link did not work for me
                              > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                              >
                              > jamie in az
                              >
                              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                              > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                              > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                              > >
                              > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                              > >
                              > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                              > >
                              > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                              > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                              > Jul
                              > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                              found
                              > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                              newsletter.
                              > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                              now
                              > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                              new
                              > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                              > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                              > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                              fighting
                              > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                              > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                              fine.
                              > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                              > >
                              > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                              > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                              > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                              > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                              > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                              Terms of Service.