Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: new intro with a few questions

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
      Okay, Melissa.....you'd better start working on that tarp (and I appreciate your offer to make me one, but I should be fine with the Hex Fly)

      The orders have been placed (courtesy of my recently received (okay, so I am a BIG procrastinator!) IRS refund check.

      Byer Moskito Traveller Hammock from c&c outdoors

      Byer Travelrope/Microrope (I think they made a mistake in the campmor catalog as the card it came with calls it the Micro Rope) from Campmor. You are getting the one with the little aluminum tube (shipping tomorrow 5-7 days) c&c had the Travelrope that has the carbiners

      This should jump start the adventure. Keep us posted.

      sandy in miami

      Sandy Kramer
      work # 305-471-1913

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
        Oh thank you for your generosity! I have bene away from the computer so
        unable to reply till now. I will get started on thew tarp ASAP and i am SOOO
        excited to get some miles on that puppy hahaha. What is "the little aluminum
        tube"? I'll get pictures as soon as possable, how exciting!

        Melissa and Tao

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
          my pleasure....i can help someone fulfill a dream, it's just as much fun as fulfilling my own!!

          these are the three rope systems that Byer has. I have and you are getting the micro rope, which is on the right. double click the picture for a close-up

          http://www.byerofmaine.com/amazonas-acces.htm

          re the tarp, I ordered the Hennessy Hammock Hex Fly (1.5 lbs), which is 10 x 12...but have read that possibly slightly smaller would be just as effective but quite a bit lighter.

          perhaps some of the other posters could change the subject line to tarps and give input on size.

          RedsTanMenagerie@... wrote:

[...]

          Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors