Re: [Hammock Camping] the ongoing saga of wet-weather testing

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 10:45 AM
      David,

      No problem about joining in. The only way I know to find it is to try
      it. I used pieces of webbing material sewn tightly on both sides and
      past both edges of the webbing to act as drip stoppers, but only saw
      limited success. Everthing I tried did some good, but in my tests the
      sock put them all to shame. Before the tests I would have bet money
      that the every one of the ideas I had would work better than the socks
      and not require the user to do anything. A D-ring or an oval ring might
      work where the 1.5" circular descender ring didn't because they might
      be 'steep enough' to overcome the sag angle of the hammock.

      Youngblood

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "gear_collector"

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7 3:51 AM
        Very nice experiment Dave! Thanks for sharing it.

        Rick