Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock adjustments

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2005
      yes, it's the "bitter end" that slides thru the "tube" and you adjust the rope right there (ie without having to untie the wrap around the tree).

      slowhike <slowhike@...> wrote: i wouldn`t mind having a quicker way to readjust. that`s why the little bar caught my atention. ...slowhike

      Sandy Kramer
      work # 305-471-1913
    • Matthew Takeda
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 7, 2005
        Leon Moonen wrote:
        >Alternatively, I've thought of attaching short (~20 cm) loops to the
        >hammock that are tied with a prusik knot to a double line rigged
        >through the tree huggers. I haven't experimented with this yet but
        >used prusik knot's while climbing an they can be easily adjusted and
        >will hold serious weights (they 'bite' the rope when loaded).
        >
        >Is there anyone with experience using prusik's for hanging/adjusting a
        >hammock?

        I've gone to a single ridge line from tree hugger to tree hugger with
        the hammock suspended below it using prussiks and 'biners. Works
        well, adjusts easily.

        Matthew Takeda
        the JOAT