Re: August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2005
      good article on hammocking safty. Thanks! saw the 12th SEHHA
      announced. I have to work that weekend. shucks.

      Coy Boy PS the print/layout seemed different. I didn't check previous
      editions to varify.

      > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
      > See it free at:
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
      >
      > The feature article is Hammock Safety while our upcoming hammock
      > hangers campout is covered in another article.
      >
      > These free newsletters are published 4 times a year and the next one is
      > scheduled for Jan 1, 2006. You can sign up to automatically receive
      > each issue or you can find all past issues online at:
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
      >
      > Happy Hammocking....Ed
      >
      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
      > Editor, Hammock Camping News
      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
    • RevT
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
        Mr. Speer,

        I get a 404 Not found "The requested URL /Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
        was not found on this server."

        when I try to open the links. I can get to the news (second link) by
        going through the parent directory.

        Hope I didnt miss the boat.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
          Thanks Brian, I'll check it out..Ed

          _____

          On 7/31/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
          > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
          > See it free at:
          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "hammockcamping

          _____

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
            Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
            site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing and
            I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks
            for the heads up..Ed

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
              Sure thing.

              I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
              Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

              Brian

              On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
              > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
              > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
              > and
              > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
              > Thanks
              > for the heads up..Ed
            • Banjo Doje
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

                "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
                ground? Switch to a hammock!"

                Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

                Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

                --
                "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                  I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

                  --
                  "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

                  Camping
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
                  ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
                  tents

                  Camping
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
                  ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
                  Q> hammock

                  Happy
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
                  g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
                  camper

                  Outdoors
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
                  mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                  _____

                • Sandy Kramer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                    I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

                    sandy

                    On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
                    > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                    > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
                    > and
                    > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
                    > Thanks
                    > for the heads up..Ed

                    Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                    Sandy Kramer
                    work # 305-471-1913

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                      Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
                      didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
                      straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
                      including the August issue, are posted free at:

                      You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
                      painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                        For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                        Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

                        http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

                        In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

                        What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                        web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
                        31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                        messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                        Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                        over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                        one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                        making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                        becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                        with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                        report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                        Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

                        Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                        Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                        Editor, Hammock Camping News
                        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                      • joe_ulrich
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                          Ed,

                          When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
                          found" message.

                          Peace,
                          Joe

                          > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                          > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                          >
                          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                          >
                          > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                          >
                          > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                          > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                          Jul
                          > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                          > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                          > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                          > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                          > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                          > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                          > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                          > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                          > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                          > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                          >
                          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                          > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                          > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                        • chcoa
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                            Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                            this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                            jamie in az

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                              jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                              chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                              this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                              jamie in az

                              > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                              > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                              >
                              > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                              >
                              > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                              >
                              > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                              > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                              Jul
                              > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                              > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                              > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                              > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                              > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                              > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                              > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                              > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                              > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                              > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                              >
                              > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                              > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                              > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                              > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                              Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                              tim garner

                            • chcoa
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                                Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                                posting.

                                jamie

                                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                                wrote:
                                > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                                end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                                link. ...slowhike

                                > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                                link did not work for me
                                > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                                >
                                > jamie in az
                                >
                                > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                                > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                                > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                                > >
                                > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                                > >
                                > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                                > >
                                > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                                > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                                > Jul
                                > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                                found
                                > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                                newsletter.
                                > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                                now
                                > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                                new
                                > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                                > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                                > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                                fighting
                                > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                                > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                                fine.
                                > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                                > >
                                > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                                > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                                > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                                > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                                > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                                Terms of Service.