August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News now available

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2005
      The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
      See it free at:
      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm

      The feature article is Hammock Safety while our upcoming hammock
      hangers campout is covered in another article.

      These free newsletters are published 4 times a year and the next one is
      scheduled for Jan 1, 2006. You can sign up to automatically receive
      each issue or you can find all past issues online at:
      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

      Happy Hammocking....Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
      Editor, Hammock Camping News
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 31, 2005
        Thanks for the plug for my book in the newsletter Ed.

        Rick

        Ed Speer wrote:

        > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
        > See it free at:
        > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
        >
        > The feature article is Hammock Safety while our upcoming hammock
        > hangers campout is covered in another article.
        >
        > These free newsletters are published 4 times a year and the next one is
        > scheduled for Jan 1, 2006. You can sign up to automatically receive
        > each issue or you can find all past issues online at:
        > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
        >
        > Happy Hammocking....Ed
        >
        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
        > Editor, Hammock Camping News
        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 31, 2005
          good article on hammocking safty. Thanks! saw the 12th SEHHA
          announced. I have to work that weekend. shucks.

          Coy Boy PS the print/layout seemed different. I didn't check previous
          editions to varify.

          > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
          > See it free at:
          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
          >
          > The feature article is Hammock Safety while our upcoming hammock
          > hangers campout is covered in another article.
          >
          > These free newsletters are published 4 times a year and the next one is
          > scheduled for Jan 1, 2006. You can sign up to automatically receive
          > each issue or you can find all past issues online at:
          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
          >
          > Happy Hammocking....Ed
          >
          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
          > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
          > Editor, Hammock Camping News
          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        • RevT
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
            Mr. Speer,

            I get a 404 Not found "The requested URL /Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm
            was not found on this server."

            when I try to open the links. I can get to the news (second link) by
            going through the parent directory.

            Hope I didnt miss the boat.

            Brian

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
              Thanks Brian, I'll check it out..Ed

              _____

              On 7/31/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
              > The August 2005 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been published.
              > See it free at:
              > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/2005/Aug2005.htm

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "hammockcamping

              _____

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing and
                I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks
                for the heads up..Ed

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                  Sure thing.

                  I thought it was missing. Must have gone in the last few days.
                  Apparently Rick could read it Sunday or so.

                  Brian

                  On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
                  > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                  > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
                  > and
                  > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
                  > Thanks
                  > for the heads up..Ed
                • Banjo Doje
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                    Just another heads up on a typo - on the main page of your site you have:

                    "Tried of losing sleep in camp due to hard, rocky, sloping, or uneven
                    ground? Switch to a hammock!"

                    Should be "Tired of losing sleep...."

                    Jodi, copy editor extraordinaire! ;-)

                    --
                    "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                      I appreciate it Jodi--thanks..Ed

                      --
                      "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton

                      Camping
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+tents&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campi
                      ng+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=3eRZQ8hEhZ1LRCeRGfJTQQ>
                      tents

                      Camping
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Cam
                      ping+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=KIuEz1TZvesXEoemopZRO
                      Q> hammock

                      Happy
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Campin
                      g+hammock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=-RhCsbgVQysCpnb--OohoQ>
                      camper

                      Outdoors
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+tents&w2=Camping+ha
                      mmock&w3=Happy+camper&w4=Outdoors&c=4&s=72&.sig=U4l_oRF_lUViaFPRQ2xBZQ>

                      _____

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                      _____

                    • Sandy Kramer
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                        I was able to read it yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon EST

                        sandy

                        On 8/2/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
                        > Brian, there does seem to be something wrong on my HammockCamping.com web
                        > site. The August newsletter uploaded fine on Sunday, but is now missing
                        > and
                        > I can't get onto the web site now either. Will work on it tomorrow.
                        > Thanks
                        > for the heads up..Ed

                        Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                        Sandy Kramer
                        work # 305-471-1913

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                          Thanks guys, the problem is with my web site, not your computer-maybe I
                          didn't pay the rent? I will repost the newsletter once I get the web site
                          straightened out. In the mean time, all the Hammock Camping Newsletters,
                          including the August issue, are posted free at:

                          You will have to join this Yahoo Group to access the newsletters, but it's
                          painless! Sorry for the inconvenience

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                            For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                            Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:

                            http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html

                            In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.

                            What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                            web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on Jul
                            31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                            messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                            Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                            over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                            one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                            making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                            becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                            with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                            report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                            Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed

                            Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                            Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                            Editor, Hammock Camping News
                            Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                          • joe_ulrich
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                              Ed,

                              When I click on the link to the newsletter, I get an "Object not
                              found" message.

                              Peace,
                              Joe

                              > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                              > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                              >
                              > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                              >
                              > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                              >
                              > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                              > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                              Jul
                              > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                              > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                              > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                              > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                              > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                              > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                              > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                              > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                              > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                              > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                              >
                              > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                              > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                              > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                              > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                            • chcoa
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
                                Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                                this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                                jamie in az

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                                  jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct link. ...slowhike

                                  chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the link did not work for me
                                  this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.

                                  jamie in az

                                  > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                                  > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                                  >
                                  > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                                  >
                                  > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                                  >
                                  > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                                  > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                                  Jul
                                  > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I found
                                  > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the newsletter.
                                  > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is now
                                  > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a new
                                  > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                                  > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                                  > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of fighting
                                  > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                                  > report that both web sites are now back up and running just fine.
                                  > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                                  >
                                  > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                                  > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                                  > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                                  > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                                  Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                                  tim garner

                                • chcoa
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
                                    Thank you. I wrote the first message before I saw the corrected
                                    posting.

                                    jamie

                                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > jamie... your using the 1st address ed gave; there`s an L on the
                                    end that don`t belong there. ed`s 2nd email has the correct
                                    link. ...slowhike

                                    > chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:Sorry to be the bubble burster ED but the
                                    link did not work for me
                                    > this time either. It says, Error on page Not found.
                                    >
                                    > jamie in az
                                    >
                                    > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@s...> wrote:
                                    > > For those who missed the August issue of my Hammock Camping
                                    > > Newsletter, it's now posted free online at:
                                    > >
                                    > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.html
                                    > >
                                    > > In fact, all past newsletters are posted there as well.
                                    > >
                                    > > What an adventure the past 11 days have been! Both of my hammock
                                    > > web sites froze immediately after I posted the Aug Newsletter on
                                    > Jul
                                    > > 31st! I was then gone for a few days, but when I returned I
                                    found
                                    > > messages from several List folks who couldn't find the
                                    newsletter.
                                    > > Thus began a hair-pulling, nail-bitting saga that hopefully is
                                    now
                                    > > over! I've dumped my old server and moved both web sites to a
                                    new
                                    > > one, hopefully with better technical support. My old server was
                                    > > making 'upgrades' to their service which resulted in my web sites
                                    > > becoming inaccessible to me for updating. After a week of
                                    fighting
                                    > > with them, I cancelled and moved to a new server. I'm happy to
                                    > > report that both web sites are now back up and running just
                                    fine.
                                    > > Sorry for the inconvenience--thanks for bearing with me....Ed
                                    > >
                                    > > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                                    > > Author, Hammock Camping The Complete Guide
                                    > > Editor, Hammock Camping News
                                    > > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                                    > Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

                                    Terms of Service.