Re: [Hammock Camping] Warning topic drift - hammock adjustments

  • Rick Frost
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 31, 2005
      Dick,
      Your sign off had me LOL. How true it is. Thanks for the smile!

      Ranger Rick :)

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dick Matthews <dick@c...>
      wrote:

      > Dick Matthews
      > - Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his
      > shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you are a mile away from
      > him and you have his shoes.
    • Matthew Takeda
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 7, 2005
        Leon Moonen wrote:
        >Alternatively, I've thought of attaching short (~20 cm) loops to the
        >hammock that are tied with a prusik knot to a double line rigged
        >through the tree huggers. I haven't experimented with this yet but
        >used prusik knot's while climbing an they can be easily adjusted and
        >will hold serious weights (they 'bite' the rope when loaded).
        >
        >Is there anyone with experience using prusik's for hanging/adjusting a
        >hammock?

        I've gone to a single ridge line from tree hugger to tree hugger with
        the hammock suspended below it using prussiks and 'biners. Works
        well, adjusts easily.

        Matthew Takeda
        the JOAT