Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock adjustments

  • Marie-NoĆ«lle Augendre
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 29, 2005
      Marie-Noelle is the name (and it should be a diaresis "e", but I pity your
      unaccentuated computers...)
      I just uploaded 2 pictures http://tinyurl.com/cf3hj : one for the double D
      ring on the hammock straps, the other for tarp guy tensioner.
      Hope this helps,
      Marie-Noelle

      2005/7/29, slowhike slowhike@...:

      --
      Retrouvez mes billets d'humeur,
      et les liens vers mes pages persos

    • Matthew Takeda
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 7, 2005
        Leon Moonen wrote:
        >Alternatively, I've thought of attaching short (~20 cm) loops to the
        >hammock that are tied with a prusik knot to a double line rigged
        >through the tree huggers. I haven't experimented with this yet but
        >used prusik knot's while climbing an they can be easily adjusted and
        >will hold serious weights (they 'bite' the rope when loaded).
        >
        >Is there anyone with experience using prusik's for hanging/adjusting a
        >hammock?

        I've gone to a single ridge line from tree hugger to tree hugger with
        the hammock suspended below it using prussiks and 'biners. Works
        well, adjusts easily.

        Matthew Takeda
        the JOAT