hammock adjustments

  • slowhike
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 27, 2005
      sandy... i was checking out the photo of the byers micro rope & i
      found the adjuster bar really interresting. have you had much
      oppertunity to put it to the test? it looks like an easy &
      lightweight way to fine tune a hammock. thanks...slowhike
    • Matthew Takeda
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 7, 2005
        Leon Moonen wrote:
        >Alternatively, I've thought of attaching short (~20 cm) loops to the
        >hammock that are tied with a prusik knot to a double line rigged
        >through the tree huggers. I haven't experimented with this yet but
        >used prusik knot's while climbing an they can be easily adjusted and
        >will hold serious weights (they 'bite' the rope when loaded).
        >
        >Is there anyone with experience using prusik's for hanging/adjusting a
        >hammock?

        I've gone to a single ridge line from tree hugger to tree hugger with
        the hammock suspended below it using prussiks and 'biners. Works
        well, adjusts easily.

        Matthew Takeda
        the JOAT