Re: [Hammock Camping] HH knot exciting?!

  • list@moz.geek.nz
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 26, 2005
      Dick Matthews <dick@...>:
      > Is that a variation of the Klemheist knot?

      Kind of, but in the same way as it's a variation of the prussick. Mostly
      it's that it doesn't bind itself into an impossible-to-undo lump for
      the same reasons as those two don't, and it's easy to tie for the same
      reasons. Looking back, I actually have no idea of how exactly I came up
      with it, I just sat around with a bit of rope trying to find a way to
      get what I wanted (ok, we've just described 50% of scientific endeavour
      (the other 50% being "try to get funding" ;-))

      I might try to improve the description and photos on the web page, that
      lot were me sitting in front of the PC going "need photo now".

      Moz