Stowing Bugnet

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2005
      This is bug season where I live. I have mosquittos in my back yard
      so I either spray myself or use the bugnet when I hang out back...
      but I went backpacking this last weekend and discovered just before
      it got dark that mosquittos where out. So, out came the no-see-um
      netting... dang, I hate it when that happens <grin>. Well they
      weren't too bad but it made me think about the netting. Anyway, I
      posted a picture of one way to stow the netting while leaving it a
      position where it can quickly be deployed... just in case other Speer
      Hammock users had not thought of it. This is a link to the photo:
      http://tinyurl.com/dcj4z .

      I stowed it while I was in the hammock and it is easy to do. I
      pulled the netting loose on both sides to within a foot or so of the
      ends of the hammock (this gets it far enough out of the way and makes
      it easy to reattach the velcro from inside the hammock). Then I just
      used a few cords to secure the netting. I didn't even need to tie
      them, I just used a double loop of cord around the netting and fed
      the loose ends through the loop and cinched the cord. I then just
      wrapped the loose ends of the cord a few times around the bundle to
      keep them from being a nuisance.

      Youngblood