Re: hammock V house poll

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
      Okay. If it makes you feel better, I'm a member of this group, I
      only look at posts on the group site, and I never see full e-mail
      addresses. So maybe the bots don't either?

      Bill in Houston

      <rosaleen43@m...> wrote:
      > Bill-
      >
      > At least some of the Yahoo forums in which I participate show
      writers' E-mail addys in modes to fellow members, but not to non-
      members. Once it is included as part of the body of the message, it
      is available to anyone or anything.

      > Rosaleen
      >

      > From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@y...<about:blank>>
      > Subject: Re: hammock V house poll
      >
      > Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...
      >
      > As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
      > shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
      > supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
      > viewing non-moderators see?
      >
      > And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
      > included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-
      mails
      > already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?
      >
      > So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets.
      At