Re: hammock V house poll

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
      Bill-

      At least some of the Yahoo forums in which I participate show writers' E-mail addys in modes to fellow members, but not to non-members. Once it is included as part of the body of the message, it is available to anyone or anything.

      Rosaleen

      From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...<about:blank>>
      Subject: Re: hammock V house poll

      Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

      As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
      shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
      supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
      viewing non-moderators see?

      And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
      included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
      already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

      So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
      least not to me...

      Bill in Houston

    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
        Okay. If it makes you feel better, I'm a member of this group, I
        only look at posts on the group site, and I never see full e-mail
        addresses. So maybe the bots don't either?

        Bill in Houston