Re: Hammock Camping Introduction

  • Sean Keplinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 9:34 AM
      On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Jason Sadler wrote:

      > Hey *Sean* welcome to the group. There is 200 times the amount of post
      > in this group than in the Ohio groups. hope you like to read. What type
      > of hammock did you end up buying? How long of a drive do you have to get
      > to the Caves in Kentucky?

      Welll...since this is my first experience with hammocks, I didn't want to
      spend a load of money just to try it out. I saw your review on
      BackpackGearTest, but decided to go with the "GI style jungle hammock"
      anyways. It was only $25 and seems to be pretty decent quality. I can tell
      right now that the "rain flaps" aren't going to work, but other than that
      it doesn't look too horrible. I guess I'll find out next month. ;^)

      Mammoth Caves National Park is about 3.5 hours from Cincinnati -- we'll be
      camping in the backcountry area.

      p.s: The Ohio_Backpackers Yahoo group gets pretty decent traffic if you
      want to check it out.

      Sean
      --
      \___/ Sean Keplinger
      |o,o| skeplin at one dot net
      \/ ) http://spookyworld.dnsalias.com
    • Jason Sadler
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 9:34 AM
        Hey Shawn welcome to the group.  There is 200 times the amount of post in this group than in the Ohio groups. hope you like to read.  What type of hammock did you end up buying? How long of a drive do you have to get to the Caves in Kentucky?

        -Jason S

        Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com