Re: keeping tension/ how much tension

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
      HH people, doesn't it sound like the problem is not with the tightness
      of the side guylines, but of the main support straps/ropes? Like
      somehow it's hung looseley enough that the ridgeline doesn't draw tight?

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
      wrote:
      > I've had my HH UL asym for about two weeks now and I have a few
      > questions. after playing in the trees with it a number of times I've
      > been experimenting with it on the ground. Here is where I've run into
      > few problems. I can't seem to keep enough tension in the hammock's
      > ridgeline in order to pitch the tarp properly, or for that matter to
      > even keep the bug mesh off my face. I found an earlier posting about
      > the triangle method of staking out the lines but when ever I reach
      the
      > desired tension, <snip>
    • Doug Meredith
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
        "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@...>
        wrote:

        >If I snuggle my left shoulder
        >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
        >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
        >the flattest position possible.

        Yes that is the correct way to use it.

        >The problem is that I end up with my
        >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
        >diagaonal?

        It sounds like it.

        Doug
        --
        Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@...)
        SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
          everett,

          How tall are you?

          Dave

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Doug Meredith
          <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
          > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > >If I snuggle my left shoulder
          > >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed
          my
          > >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be
          in
          > >the flattest position possible.
          >
          > Yes that is the correct way to use it.
          >
          > >The problem is that I end up with my
          > >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
          > >diagaonal?
          >
          > It sounds like it.
          >
          > Doug
          > --
          > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
          > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
          > 877-974-8273 (87-SYSGUARD)
          > 506-854-7997
          > www.systemguard.com
        • ekunitz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            I'm 178 cm/ about 5'10". This should mean that I meet the height
            requirements for the HH ul asym.