Re: keeping tension/ how much tension

  • ekunitz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
      doug,

      That was my first thought also. I tried one diagonal, and then the
      other. I'm not sure which why is intended to create the "perfect
      curve" advocated on the stuff sack. If I snuggle my left shoulder
      into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
      feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
      the flattest position possible. The problem is that I end up with my
      head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
      diagaonal?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Doug Meredith
      <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
      > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > >tried to get comfortable. I was so sad, after reading so much
      about the
      > >comfortable nap I thought I would have, to find an acute and
      pestering
      > >pressure in my heels. I've tried raising the foot end by about 4
      > >inches, and even tying up the hammock with a little more slack in
      the
      > >line, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?
      >
      > Are you making sure to lie on the diagonal?
      >
      > Doug
      > --
      > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
      > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
      > 877-974-8273 (87-SYSGUARD)
      > 506-854-7997
      > www.systemguard.com
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
        HH people, doesn't it sound like the problem is not with the tightness
        of the side guylines, but of the main support straps/ropes? Like
        somehow it's hung looseley enough that the ridgeline doesn't draw tight?

        Bill in Houston

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
        wrote:
        > I've had my HH UL asym for about two weeks now and I have a few
        > questions. after playing in the trees with it a number of times I've
        > been experimenting with it on the ground. Here is where I've run into
        > few problems. I can't seem to keep enough tension in the hammock's
        > ridgeline in order to pitch the tarp properly, or for that matter to
        > even keep the bug mesh off my face. I found an earlier posting about
        > the triangle method of staking out the lines but when ever I reach
        the
        > desired tension, <snip>
      • Doug Meredith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
          "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@...>
          wrote:

          >If I snuggle my left shoulder
          >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
          >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
          >the flattest position possible.

          Yes that is the correct way to use it.

          >The problem is that I end up with my
          >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
          >diagaonal?

          It sounds like it.

          Doug
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            everett,

            How tall are you?

            Dave

            <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
            > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > >If I snuggle my left shoulder
            > >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed
            my
            > >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be
            in
            > >the flattest position possible.
            >
            > Yes that is the correct way to use it.
            >
            > >The problem is that I end up with my
            > >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
            > >diagaonal?
            >
            > It sounds like it.
            >
            > Doug
            > --
            > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
            > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
            > 877-974-8273 (87-SYSGUARD)
            > 506-854-7997
            > www.systemguard.com
          • ekunitz
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
              I'm 178 cm/ about 5'10". This should mean that I meet the height
              requirements for the HH ul asym.