Re: keeping tension/ how much tension

  • Doug Meredith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
      "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@...>
      wrote:

      >tried to get comfortable. I was so sad, after reading so much about the
      >comfortable nap I thought I would have, to find an acute and pestering
      >pressure in my heels. I've tried raising the foot end by about 4
      >inches, and even tying up the hammock with a little more slack in the
      >line, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?

      Are you making sure to lie on the diagonal?

      Doug
      --
      Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@...)
      SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
        doug,

        That was my first thought also. I tried one diagonal, and then the
        other. I'm not sure which why is intended to create the "perfect
        curve" advocated on the stuff sack. If I snuggle my left shoulder
        into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
        feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
        the flattest position possible. The problem is that I end up with my
        head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
        diagaonal?

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Doug Meredith
        <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
        > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > >tried to get comfortable. I was so sad, after reading so much
        about the
        > >comfortable nap I thought I would have, to find an acute and
        pestering
        > >pressure in my heels. I've tried raising the foot end by about 4
        > >inches, and even tying up the hammock with a little more slack in
        the
        > >line, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?
        >
        > Are you making sure to lie on the diagonal?
        >
        > Doug
        > --
        > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
        > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
        > 877-974-8273 (87-SYSGUARD)
        > 506-854-7997
        > www.systemguard.com
      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
          HH people, doesn't it sound like the problem is not with the tightness
          of the side guylines, but of the main support straps/ropes? Like
          somehow it's hung looseley enough that the ridgeline doesn't draw tight?

          Bill in Houston

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
          wrote:
          > I've had my HH UL asym for about two weeks now and I have a few
          > questions. after playing in the trees with it a number of times I've
          > been experimenting with it on the ground. Here is where I've run into
          > few problems. I can't seem to keep enough tension in the hammock's
          > ridgeline in order to pitch the tarp properly, or for that matter to
          > even keep the bug mesh off my face. I found an earlier posting about
          > the triangle method of staking out the lines but when ever I reach
          the
          > desired tension, <snip>
        • Doug Meredith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@...>
            wrote:

            >If I snuggle my left shoulder
            >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
            >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
            >the flattest position possible.

            Yes that is the correct way to use it.

            >The problem is that I end up with my
            >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
            >diagaonal?

            It sounds like it.

            Doug
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
              everett,

              How tall are you?

              Dave

              <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
              > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > >If I snuggle my left shoulder
              > >into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed
              my
              > >feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be
              in
              > >the flattest position possible.
              >
              > Yes that is the correct way to use it.
              >
              > >The problem is that I end up with my
              > >head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
              > >diagaonal?
              >
              > It sounds like it.
              >
              > Doug
              > --
              > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
              > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support
              > 877-974-8273 (87-SYSGUARD)
              > 506-854-7997
              > www.systemguard.com
            • ekunitz
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
                I'm 178 cm/ about 5'10". This should mean that I meet the height
                requirements for the HH ul asym.