RE: [Hammock Camping] Possible Fix Re: hammock V house poll

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
      Now that sounds like a workable solution---thanks Andre. Will try it
      tomorrow….Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2005
        Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

        As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
        shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
        supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
        viewing non-moderators see?

        And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
        included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
        already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

        So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
        least not to me...

        Bill in Houston

        > Great, Thanks Fuzzy. But since any member can issue a poll, it
        will be up
        > to them to choose to display or not to display the email addresses
        of the
        > voters. I could set it up so only the moderators can issue a poll,
        but that
        > kind of defeats the usefulness of our List-so I'll leave it up to
        each
        > member who issues a poll...Ed
        >

        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        >
        > Editor, Hammock Camping News
        >
        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        >

        > _____

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2005
          > So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
          > least not to me...
          >
          > Bill in Houston

          I looked and had her complete address including the @...
          And I have Bill's also.