RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: hammock V house poll

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
      Great, Thanks Fuzzy. But since any member can issue a poll, it will be up
      to them to choose to display or not to display the email addresses of the
      voters. I could set it up so only the moderators can issue a poll, but that
      kind of defeats the usefulness of our List-so I'll leave it up to each
      member who issues a poll...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Fuzzy" <chuck_kime@y...>
        wrote:
        > I'm not Shane, but I have an answer for you: when creating the
        poll,
        > there is an option of whether to display the email addresses with
        each
        > vote or not. If it is set up from the beginning with 'do not
        display',
        > I think that would be all that is needed.

        If memory serves each individual can go into the My Account area and
        block the publication of their email addresss as well (in both
        messages and polls). It's better to put your addy in a sig line
        anyway.

        (freebie for the bots)
        dlfrost@... ;-)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
          Now that sounds like a workable solution---thanks Andre. Will try it
          tomorrow….Ed

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2005
            Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

            As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
            shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
            supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
            viewing non-moderators see?

            And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
            included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
            already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

            So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
            least not to me...

            Bill in Houston

            > Great, Thanks Fuzzy. But since any member can issue a poll, it
            will be up
            > to them to choose to display or not to display the email addresses
            of the
            > voters. I could set it up so only the moderators can issue a poll,
            but that
            > kind of defeats the usefulness of our List-so I'll leave it up to
            each
            > member who issues a poll...Ed
            >

            > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
            >
            > Editor, Hammock Camping News
            >
            > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
            >

            > _____

          • Ralph Oborn
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 11, 2005
              > So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
              > least not to me...
              >
              > Bill in Houston

              I looked and had her complete address including the @...
              And I have Bill's also.