Re: Permethrin / Los Padres / Jeep Hammock!

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 5, 2005
      > So I went to Big Sur for the first time yesterday. BIG TREES to
      tie
      > my hammock to...now I know why folks out west need larger tree
      huggers!

      Doesn't hurt to have em out east either. I carry extra straps along
      with the HH because sometimes the spot you'd really like to use
      requires the extra rigging. Normally though it's better to avoid
      larger trees because of deadfall risks.

      When my brother and I went to Big South Fork a few weeks back, the
      only hammock spot I could find down by the river had an 4ft. dia.
      windthrown tree near a smaller one. All the other options were
      crawling with poison ivy. So I tied the two straps together and
      wrapped em around the prostrate tree as many times as I could, tying
      off back to the line. The other side had the usual HH strap. It
      worked. Without the extra strapping I would have been forced to go
      partway up the bluff face to find something useable.

      Yea, let's see that car hammock of yours. :-)

      Doug Frost
    • dlfrost_1
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 5, 2005