Re: hammock V house poll

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
      Rosalene, as you know the email address of each poll voter shows up in
      the post for the final poll results.

      I can't figure out how to delete individual email addresses in the
      completed poll results posts. Can anyone else tell me if this is
      possible?

      I can delete the entire poll results post itself, which would delete
      all of the individual voters' email addresses. This may be prudent to
      prevent spamer robots from getting those email addresses. If there is
      enough concern about this, I will delete the completed poll results
      from our group site---let me know how everyone feels about this....Ed,
      moderator
    • Rosaleen Sullivan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
        Bill-

        At least some of the Yahoo forums in which I participate show writers' E-mail addys in modes to fellow members, but not to non-members. Once it is included as part of the body of the message, it is available to anyone or anything.

        Rosaleen

        From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...<about:blank>>
        Subject: Re: hammock V house poll

        Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

        As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
        shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
        supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
        viewing non-moderators see?

        And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
        included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
        already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

        So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
        least not to me...

        Bill in Houston

      • zippydooda
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
          Okay. If it makes you feel better, I'm a member of this group, I
          only look at posts on the group site, and I never see full e-mail
          addresses. So maybe the bots don't either?

          Bill in Houston