RE: [Hammock Camping] hammock V house poll

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 2:05 PM
      I'll see what I can do Rosaleen...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Rosaleen Sullivan
      Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:49 PM
      To: hammockcamping
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] hammock V house poll

      Hi, Ed-

      Are you able to erase any part of posted messages? If so, please erase my
      E-mail address from the results of the hammock V house ownership poll:
      Which have you owned more of? It is one thing for other members to see my
      address, a totally different issue if any unscreened reader/"bot" can access
      it.

      Thanks, in advance,

      Rosaleen

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "hammockcamping

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 2:29 PM
        Rosalene, as you know the email address of each poll voter shows up in
        the post for the final poll results.

        I can't figure out how to delete individual email addresses in the
        completed poll results posts. Can anyone else tell me if this is
        possible?

        I can delete the entire poll results post itself, which would delete
        all of the individual voters' email addresses. This may be prudent to
        prevent spamer robots from getting those email addresses. If there is
        enough concern about this, I will delete the completed poll results
        from our group site---let me know how everyone feels about this....Ed,
        moderator
      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13 9:58 AM
          Bill-

          At least some of the Yahoo forums in which I participate show writers' E-mail addys in modes to fellow members, but not to non-members. Once it is included as part of the body of the message, it is available to anyone or anything.

          Rosaleen

          From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...<about:blank>>
          Subject: Re: hammock V house poll

          Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

          As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
          shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
          supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
          viewing non-moderators see?

          And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
          included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
          already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

          So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
          least not to me...

          Bill in Houston

        • zippydooda
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13 12:43 PM
            Okay. If it makes you feel better, I'm a member of this group, I
            only look at posts on the group site, and I never see full e-mail
            addresses. So maybe the bots don't either?

            Bill in Houston