Re: Sil-nylon sewing results

  • geoflyfisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 6:15 AM
      Hi Ray,

      You may wish to consider (for your new tarp) Attach the ridge line
      tie-outs directly to the tarp instead of pulling the fly over a
      separate ridge line. In the wind, this system seems to work out a
      little better when getting the thing up.

      You may also want to attach a clothes line under the tarp, that is
      not quite as taut as the seam on tarp itself (so it hangs an inch or
      two under the tarp when clothes are hung from it). This works out a
      bit better for drying stuff than up against the moist underside of
      the tarp. You also may consider stringing two lines, twisted around
      each other ten or twelve times, the twists can be used as virtual
      clothes pins. The twists also keep the drying items from sliding
      into each other in the center of the span as one wet sopping mess
      right above your belly button.

      <><