hammock V house poll

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 8:48 PM
      Hi, Ed-

      Are you able to erase any part of posted messages? If so, please erase my E-mail address from the results of the hammock V house ownership poll: Which have you owned more of? It is one thing for other members to see my address, a totally different issue if any unscreened reader/"bot" can access it.

      Thanks, in advance,

      Rosaleen

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 2:05 PM
        I'll see what I can do Rosaleen...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Are you able to erase any part of posted messages? If so, please erase my
        E-mail address from the results of the hammock V house ownership poll:
        Which have you owned more of? It is one thing for other members to see my
        address, a totally different issue if any unscreened reader/"bot" can access
        it.

        Thanks, in advance,

        Rosaleen

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "hammockcamping

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5 2:29 PM
          Rosalene, as you know the email address of each poll voter shows up in
          the post for the final poll results.

          I can't figure out how to delete individual email addresses in the
          completed poll results posts. Can anyone else tell me if this is
          possible?

          I can delete the entire poll results post itself, which would delete
          all of the individual voters' email addresses. This may be prudent to
          prevent spamer robots from getting those email addresses. If there is
          enough concern about this, I will delete the completed poll results
          from our group site---let me know how everyone feels about this....Ed,
          moderator
        • Rosaleen Sullivan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13 9:58 AM
            Bill-

            At least some of the Yahoo forums in which I participate show writers' E-mail addys in modes to fellow members, but not to non-members. Once it is included as part of the body of the message, it is available to anyone or anything.

            Rosaleen

            From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...<about:blank>>
            Subject: Re: hammock V house poll

            Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

            As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
            shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
            supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
            viewing non-moderators see?

            And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
            included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
            already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

            So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
            least not to me...

            Bill in Houston

          • zippydooda
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 13 12:43 PM
              Okay. If it makes you feel better, I'm a member of this group, I
              only look at posts on the group site, and I never see full e-mail
              addresses. So maybe the bots don't either?

              Bill in Houston