[Hammock Camping] Re: HH under pads are now beefed up

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      YEs, I'm sure there is something to be said for acclimation. As a
      desert dweller I'm not exposed to temps below 40 F on a regular
      basis.
      I have plenty of body insulation myself though, but I don't it's in
      the right places!!! ahahaha

      jamie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Banjo Doje <bpskids@g...>
      wrote:
      > Bummer!!! Maybe it's just cuz I got good body insulation LOL But
      > seriously, I do like the cold and I'm hot blooded enough to be about
      > to run around outside in short sleeves in 30 degree weather. That
      > makes a big difference.
      >
      > Jodi
      >
      > On 7/1/05, chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi Jodi,
      > >
      > > I have tried the two new pads with the full length one a couple of
      > > times already and so far I'm still not having much success below
      > > about 45 to 50 degrees. I guess it's just me.
      > >
      > > The new thicker one sound promising. They compress so well,
      thicker
      > > really wouldn't be much of an issue regarding packing them.
      > >
      > > jamie
      > >

      > --
      > "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
    • Banjo Doje
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        You got a point with being a desert dweller - living in the north
        where we get cold temps all the time (tonite's low, even, is supposed
        to be 44) your body adjusts more quickly than someone who's not used
        to the winters. It took my pastor about 2 years to get
        sorta-kinda-not really used to the cold and he moved here from NC.

        Jodi

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
          Low 40's.... I wish. I think we are around upper 80's low 90's for
          our lows. 114 the other day and 108 today, yummy!!!

          jamie d