Re: Re: [Hammock Camping] Permethrin- was Hammock Camping] Mosquito protection (bag

  • B.M. Dyleski
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2005
      It is an EPA regulation, you can not apply/ use pestricides or other chemicals for uses not approved. The thing about sueing the company is pretty much irrelevent. It is not a blanket warning For instance the label lists every insect the product is approved to be used on , use an ag type product in the house is illegal. These laws have a long background for why they were put in place. BMD

      tjarrell@... wrote:"Illegal to use for other than the intended purpose."

      I'm not a legal expert of any kind, but there is a contract implied between consumer and user. This 'law' we have been chatting about is part of limiting the manufacturers legal liability by defining how to use thier product.

      This is a blanket warning. First, as a user you cannot sue the company if you get hurt using their product in a manner that they did not design it for. An example may be if you use a lawn insecticide inside your house and your pets get sick. That would be an unauthorized use.

      The second example would be for inappropriate use that hazards yourself. Spraying cooking spray into a bag and then huffing to get high also falls into the area of unintended use. This 'law' then can be applied since they cannot list everything that you are not allowed to do to yourself.

      Where do I send my .02? :)

      Tom "sea lawyer"
      From: "seuss910" <wrv77@...>
      Date: 2005/06/29 Wed AM 10:35:19 EDT
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Permethrin- was Hammock Camping] Mosquito protection (bag

    • dlfrost_1
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 5, 2005
        > So I went to Big Sur for the first time yesterday. BIG TREES to
        tie
        > my hammock to...now I know why folks out west need larger tree
        huggers!

        Doesn't hurt to have em out east either. I carry extra straps along
        with the HH because sometimes the spot you'd really like to use
        requires the extra rigging. Normally though it's better to avoid
        larger trees because of deadfall risks.

        When my brother and I went to Big South Fork a few weeks back, the
        only hammock spot I could find down by the river had an 4ft. dia.
        windthrown tree near a smaller one. All the other options were
        crawling with poison ivy. So I tied the two straps together and
        wrapped em around the prostrate tree as many times as I could, tying
        off back to the line. The other side had the usual HH strap. It
        worked. Without the extra strapping I would have been forced to go
        partway up the bluff face to find something useable.

        Yea, let's see that car hammock of yours. :-)

        Doug Frost