[Hammock Camping] Re: HH under pads are now beefed up

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi Jodi,

      I have tried the two new pads with the full length one a couple of
      times already and so far I'm still not having much success below
      about 45 to 50 degrees. I guess it's just me.

      The new thicker one sound promising. They compress so well, thicker
      really wouldn't be much of an issue regarding packing them.

      jamie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Banjo Doje <bpskids@g...>
      wrote:
      > I wonder why we didn't get the "updated" pads - course, I guess if
      > those of us testing their models got stuff every time they
      > fixed/improved something, we'd NEVER get the test completed. I'm
      > hoping that the additional torso and hip pad will help you in that
      > case, Jamie! Have you had any chilly enough nights to see how much
      > difference it makes for you? I know we haven't had anything close
      > winter temps but......
      >
      > Jodi
      >
      > On 6/28/05, chcoa <jdeben@h...> wrote:
      > > Oh man,
      > >
      > > I wish I was sent one of these modles to test. I might not have
      the
      > > chilly buns issue I've had.
      > >
      > > jamie in az
      > >

      > --
      > "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
    • Banjo Doje
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        Bummer!!! Maybe it's just cuz I got good body insulation LOL But
        seriously, I do like the cold and I'm hot blooded enough to be about
        to run around outside in short sleeves in 30 degree weather. That
        makes a big difference.

        Jodi

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          YEs, I'm sure there is something to be said for acclimation. As a
          desert dweller I'm not exposed to temps below 40 F on a regular
          basis.
          I have plenty of body insulation myself though, but I don't it's in
          the right places!!! ahahaha

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            You got a point with being a desert dweller - living in the north
            where we get cold temps all the time (tonite's low, even, is supposed
            to be 44) your body adjusts more quickly than someone who's not used
            to the winters. It took my pastor about 2 years to get
            sorta-kinda-not really used to the cold and he moved here from NC.

            Jodi

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
              Low 40's.... I wish. I think we are around upper 80's low 90's for
              our lows. 114 the other day and 108 today, yummy!!!

              jamie d