RE: [Hammock Camping] thinlight insulation pad

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      Slowhike, I just found the same problem with the 1/8" pad. Like Dick
      reported yesterday, it's not rigid enough to use by itself in a hammock-and
      it also didn't work in the SPE. It still folded and crumpled from use
      inside the SPE. It did add noticeable warmth. I'm hoping now the 1/8" can
      be used in combo with other more rigid pads inside the SPE. I'm also
      thinking of ordering the 3/8" pad to test as well. Like you said the
      insulation to weight ratio of the ThinLight pads is excellent and maybe I'll
      find a good use for them like you did...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____