Re: [Hammock Camping] Permethrin- was Hammock Camping] Mosquito protection (bag

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 29, 2005
      Using the pesticide illegally? Just how illegally? Is this like
      tearing the tag off the mattress illegally? Or overthrowing the
      government illegally?

      -s

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "B.M. Dyleski"
      <americassouthsea@y...> wrote:
      > If you are using an ag formula on clothing, that use would have to
      be listed on the label, if not you are using the pesticide illegally. BMD

    • dlfrost_1
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 5, 2005
        > So I went to Big Sur for the first time yesterday. BIG TREES to
        tie
        > my hammock to...now I know why folks out west need larger tree
        huggers!

        Doesn't hurt to have em out east either. I carry extra straps along
        with the HH because sometimes the spot you'd really like to use
        requires the extra rigging. Normally though it's better to avoid
        larger trees because of deadfall risks.

        When my brother and I went to Big South Fork a few weeks back, the
        only hammock spot I could find down by the river had an 4ft. dia.
        windthrown tree near a smaller one. All the other options were
        crawling with poison ivy. So I tied the two straps together and
        wrapped em around the prostrate tree as many times as I could, tying
        off back to the line. The other side had the usual HH strap. It
        worked. Without the extra strapping I would have been forced to go
        partway up the bluff face to find something useable.

        Yea, let's see that car hammock of yours. :-)

        Doug Frost