Re: [Hammock Camping] New to the group

  • Banjo Doje
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2005
      Welcome to the fabulous world of hammocking! For a FANTASTIC site for
      the Hennessy knot, I highly recommend Shane Steinkamp's webpage

      http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hknot.htm

      On it, he has step by step instructions along with videos that are
      PERFECT for learning the knot.

      I even use a hammock at home - it's the Amazonas hammock - perfect for
      sleeping in.

      Good luck
      Jodi
      Hennessy Hammock fanatic

      --
      "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
    • Christie
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2007
        Hi there!

        I'm new to the group. We are also a family that is new to hammock
        camping!

        I am in the process of making everyone their own hammock!

        Hoping to learn some great hints and such from this group!

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
            Im just getting started as well (in outdoor camping) but I made 2 hammocks for my boys from the Hammock Camping book by Ed Speer. and they sleep in them every nite at home. This summer we will be moving outside for a few nights.

            http://www.speerhammocks.com/

            I dont work for him or anything, just a great book, seem like nice folks to.

            Art. sahd for Arthur 7 and Jt 4, "I get the top hammock tonight!"