Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Get-Togethers

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22, 2005
      How about here in Texas?
      We have PLENTY of trees where I live.

      TV
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 22, 2005
        I am in San Antonio, where are you? Just organize it
        and I expect you will get some company. Post a few
        possible dates and a place and see what happens.
        Bill

        --- Thomas Vickers <redroach@...> wrote:

        > How about here in Texas?
        > We have PLENTY of trees where I live.
        >
        > TV

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 22, 2005
          I am in the Conroe/Magnolia area.
          If my first child wasn't due in August, I would love to plan it, but I
          think after spending next week in the Sierras, my wife might not be happy
          with me, but I will bring it up when I get back.

          TV
        • Scott Schroeder
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 22, 2005
            And Plenty of TEXANS
            :)))

            Scott in Austin

            On 6/22/05, Thomas Vickers <redroach@...> wrote:
            > How about here in Texas?
            > We have PLENTY of trees where I live.
            >
            > TV
          • Aris Dennis
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005
              I get so jealous when I read about all these hammock
              meetups... I wish there were enough hammockers here in
              Oz to warrant something like that, although I am
              converting as many as is humanly possible.
              BTW, it snowed for the first time this winter in my
              area!
              Hoping to be the first Aussie to take a hammock below freezing...

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • jmgiv47
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005
                <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
                > I am in San Antonio, where are you? Just organize it
                > and I expect you will get some company. Post a few
                > possible dates and a place and see what happens.
                > Bill
                Wow, Bill! I moved from San Antonio so I could go backpacking. :)
                Thirty four years I called it home and still couldn't work up the
                moxy to go campin' in that weather! Now I'm in western Montana which
                has the sweetest summers of anyplace I've ever lived...that includes
                four foreign countries and 10 states. Of course, the winters are a
                change from San Antonio but I'm here in the Banana Belt of Montana, a
                well kept secret. Keep working on the Texas get together...if it's
                in January, maybe I'll come back :)

                john
              • Bill Fornshell
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005
                  Hi, I started a folder for "Texas HHer's". We may
                  have a Hammock Hanging event here someday. I have
                  added you to my folder and if something happens I will
                  let you know. It is hot here and getting hotter
                  everyday. I have to walk about 0800 everyday now
                  before it gets to hot. We are pushing days of 100
                  degrees F.

                  Montana sounds great every time I read or see pictures
                  from up there.
                  I really like a 4-season area but as you get older it
                  is harder to sell a house, pack-up and move. I also
                  have really great medical care here and that is
                  important for me for awhile.

                  Bill in Texas

                  --- jmgiv47 <jmgarberson@...> wrote:

                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill
                  > Fornshell
                  > <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
                  > > I am in San Antonio, where are you? Just
                  > organize it
                  > > and I expect you will get some company. Post a
                  > few
                  > > possible dates and a place and see what happens.
                  > > Bill
                  > Wow, Bill! I moved from San Antonio so I could go
                  > backpacking. :)
                  > Thirty four years I called it home and still
                  > couldn't work up the
                  > moxy to go campin' in that weather! Now I'm in
                  > western Montana which
                  > has the sweetest summers of anyplace I've ever
                  > lived...that includes
                  > four foreign countries and 10 states. Of course,
                  > the winters are a
                  > change from San Antonio but I'm here in the Banana
                  > Belt of Montana, a
                  > well kept secret. Keep working on the Texas get
                  > together...if it's
                  > in January, maybe I'll come back :)
                  >
                  > john

                  Yahoo! Sports
                  http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
                • Mark Bayern
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005

                    > Montana sounds great every time I read or see pictures
                    > from up there.

                    No. Don't go there -- winters are horrible. Too cold, too snowy. Summers are
                    too hot and too dry. There are also too many people moving in or visiting
                    the place.

                    Stay away.

                    Mark (who still calls Bozeman "home" <smlie>)

                  • jwj32542
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005
                      <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
                      > It is hot here and getting hotter
                      > everyday. I have to walk about 0800 everyday now
                      > before it gets to hot. We are pushing days of 100
                      > degrees F.

                      I just got to Monterey. Never really gets below 50F or above 80F.

                      But then, I have to put up with Californians...

                      Jeff