RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: porch hammock

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2005
      You're too much seuss---thanks.ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of seuss910
      Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 9:28 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: porch hammock

      Ahhhh, you're just hoping that I'll refer folks to some obscure
      bondage website. Sorry. I'll just refer you to the Cordage
      Institute's "Fiber Rope Inspection and Retirement Criteria"
      (International Guideline 2001-04)

      If you're REALLY bored, you may also be interested in

      CI 2003 - Fiber Properties (Physical, Mechanical and Environmental)
      for Cable, Cordage, Rope and Twine.

      CI 1202 - Terminology for Fiber Rope

      CI 1500 - Test Methods for Fiber Ropes

      CIB 1.4 - Fiber Rope Technical Information Manual

      All published by the Cordage Institute (www.ropecord.com)

      If you're more interested in the standards for your webbing, I'd
      refer you to the Web Sling and Tie Down Association (www.wstda.com)
      Their standards for webbing were last published in 1998. Revised
      standards are to be published this year.

      Anybody still awake after reading that? No? Didn't think so.

      -s

      _____