RE: Hammock Camping sewing with walking foot

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
      Message
      Thanks for the sewing tip Brandon--the walking foot sounds promissing.  I have no experience with one, but would love to hear from anyone else who does.  Any idea where to get one Brandon?  ..Ed

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
        Ed--

        The walking foot is manufactured as an accessory for your machine,
        maybe even your model. I'm pretty sure there won't be any generic
        devices available. If you have a Bernina, check with your Bernina
        dealer. If you have a Viking, check with Viking. Etc. I know both of
        those manufacturers offer them because I checked when we bought a new
        machine a few years ago. I'm just guessing, but it may be that
        walking feet are simply not available for certain (less expensive?)
        machines.

        Brandon in Honolulu

        > Thanks for the sewing tip Brandon--the walking foot sounds
        promissing.
        > I have no experience with one, but would love to hear from anyone
        else
        > who does. Any idea where to get one Brandon? ..Ed

        terms/> .
      • Shane
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
          > Thanks for the sewing tip Brandon--the walking foot sounds
          > promissing. I have no experience with one, but would love to
          > hear from anyone else who does. Any idea where to get one
          > Brandon? ..Ed

          All of the Adler machines I worked on had them. These were 'long arm patch'
          machines specifically designed for leatherwork. They worked well in nylon
          of any gauge. Tippman is also making a pneumatic machine that has a lot of
          promise.

          Shane