Sticks and Stones...

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2005
      interesting geocultural observation here. I notice only now that my
      entire perspective of what we've been discussing is tainted by my
      experience. Of course that's an old observation, what with the brain
      being a closed system and all, but it's just been driven home to me
      with unusual force:
      Whenever I envisioned me (or someone else) hanging a hammock, using or
      not using straps or sticks or whatever, I imagine me (them) in the
      setting I usually find myself in when using a hammock: surrounded by
      multiple-century-old oak or beech trees (circumferences of over 1m -
      well over 1 yard).

      Hmm. Just felt like tossing that out - a propos nothing.

      André