Re: [Hammock Camping] Bliss Hammocks - Reviews?

  • Cheyanne & Randy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
      On Tuesday, Jun 7, 2005, at 11:57 US/Central, amkscuba wrote:

      > Has anyone used a Bliss Hammock for backpacking? I'm debating
      > purchasing it from an online retailer, and I can't judge quality or
      > comfort from the picture on their website.
      > Thanks.

      Hey,

      I know this one. I have a Hammock Bliss Double and Single. They are
      both fine stong light hammocks. I use the Double as my "yard" hammock
      and it's strong and puts up with me at 250+ and our daschund lying
      about in it. I've been using it with a fairly cheap stand that
      supposed to be for those hammocks with a bar across the ends. I just
      tie the bliss hammock ropes to the hooks on the ends of the chains with
      something resembling the hennessy knot and it does well. The bliss
      hammocks should do fine camping as long as you don't need bug
      protection where you're going. Hammock bliss also has a separate
      mosquito net and a hammock with net attached, I think. Don't forget
      some Tree saver or tree hugger type straps for camping. The bliss
      hammocks are a good value.

      happy hanging,

      Randy

      --
      "We have grown literally afraid to be poor. We despise anyone who
      elects to be poor in order to simplify and save his inner life. If he