Re: J-mock Hammock

  • starnescr
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Jason

      Are you sure you listed the correct measurments for the parashute
      cloth. 8x8 sounds to short and to wide.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Sadler"
      <chachie97@h...> wrote:
      > I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my
      own hammock. I call it the J-mock. I post some pictures in the
      hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my
      website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm .
      Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock
      I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

      > Thanks
      >

      > -Jason S
      >
      > Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com
    • robi dawson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
        actually I was wondering what the technical name for parachute cloth is?

        robi

        <chachie97@h...> wrote:
        > I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my
        own hammock. I call it the J-mock.   I post some pictures in the
        hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my
        website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm
        Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock
        I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

        > Thanks
        >

        > -Jason S
        >
        > Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        137c919.jpg
        137cb17.jpg

      • J Cornelius
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003

          Parachute Cloth

          Stupidus Jumpus <grin>

          Abnormality IS the normality at this locality!

          <chachie97@h...> wrote:
          > I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my
          own hammock. I call it the J-mock.   I post some pictures in the
          hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my
          website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm
          Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock
          I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

          > Thanks
          >

          > -Jason S
          >
          > Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          137c919.jpg
          137cb17.jpg

        • Jason Sadler
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
            I'm not sure but it is a reinforced nylon.  Very comfortable.  Very light.  It weights 1.2 lbs.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
              9' 3" X 6.5  I trimmed some length off of the sides.  There is still enough material to wrap around me I still have plenty of room to trim down.  my weight is still 1.2 lbs.  comfy and light weight.