J-mock Hammock

  • Jason Sadler
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 2:13 PM
      I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my own hammock. I call it the J-mock.   I post some pictures in the hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm .  Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

      Thanks

      -Jason S

      Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com
    • starnescr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 3:40 PM
        Hi Jason

        Are you sure you listed the correct measurments for the parashute
        cloth. 8x8 sounds to short and to wide.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Sadler"
        <chachie97@h...> wrote:
        > I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my
        own hammock. I call it the J-mock. I post some pictures in the
        hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my
        website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm .
        Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock
        I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

        > Thanks
        >

        > -Jason S
        >
        > Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com
      • robi dawson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 3:47 PM
          actually I was wondering what the technical name for parachute cloth is?

          robi

          <chachie97@h...> wrote:
          > I decided to jump on the hammock making band wagon and design my
          own hammock. I call it the J-mock.   I post some pictures in the
          hammocking camping photo section, but also have the pictures on my
          website and what materials I used www.spanky526.com/jmock.htm
          Tonight is going to be the 1st complete night sleeping in my hammock
          I'll let everyone know how went tomorrow morning.

          > Thanks
          >

          > -Jason S
          >
          > Visit my website http://www.spanky526.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          137c919.jpg
          137cb17.jpg

        • J Cornelius
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 4:38 PM

            Parachute Cloth

            Stupidus Jumpus <grin>

            Abnormality IS the normality at this locality!

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 8:45 PM
              I'm not sure but it is a reinforced nylon.  Very comfortable.  Very light.  It weights 1.2 lbs.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 8:52 PM
                9' 3" X 6.5  I trimmed some length off of the sides.  There is still enough material to wrap around me I still have plenty of room to trim down.  my weight is still 1.2 lbs.  comfy and light weight.