modified HH

  • slowhike
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 3, 2005
      after reading your emails, i went out to the shop where the HH is
      hanging. i unhooked the ridgeline (i had already used the small
      caribiner from walmart also)& fliped it upside down(net on bottom) &
      tryed it. it layed much like it did right side up, w/o ridgeline
      (laying directly on the net).either way it lost that nice wide HH lay.
      aparantly the attached net gathers in part of the hammock fabric on
      the sides when LAYED ON, whether the net is below or on top of the
      hammock. so to get the full HH comfort, the net will need to be
      removeable. as soon as i get my friend (who owns the HH & has me
      experimenting w/ it)on the phone & get his "go ahead", that`s what i
      plan to do. also the ridgeline unhooked seems to make no differance,
      when layed in as intended, but is probably important in getting the
      right hang. thanks...slowhike
    • chcoa
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 21, 2005
        Hi Slowhike,

        I guess I missed that part, thanks for setting me straight. Best of
        luck with your experiments. I hope your friend likes the eventual
        outcome.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "slowhike" <slowhike@y...>
        wrote:
        > jamie in az... if you were following this thread very closely,
        you
        > mite would remember that my friend (who owns the HH) also owns a
        > speer, & i own (& now spend every night in) an eagles nest double.
        the