Re: modified don henley hammock

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
      I think what slowhike is saying is to unhook the ridgeline and then
      flip the hammock over so you lie on the nylon, rather than lying on
      the bugnet. i don't know if anyone has done that with a henberry
      hammock or not...

      Bill in Henway

      > <snip>
      >
      > > i wonder if unhooking the ridgeline
      > > after hanging the hammock properly(as the ridgeline dictates)
      > would
      > > afect the lay of the hammock?
      >
      > Yes. If you can hang your hammock so there is zero tension on the
      > ridgeline, it wouldn't make any difference, but that would be very
      > tough to do. That's why the ridgeline is such a good thing...you
      > get better sag with less rope, consistently.
      >
      > If you could unhook the ridgeline, take it out of the bugnet, and
      > rehook it on the outside, so it's not supporting the net any more,
      > you could maintain the lay and the bugnet would be out of the way.
      >
      > I'm not sure I'd want to lay on the bugnet, though. Seems too easy
      > to tear and not very comfortable.
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
        > I think what slowhike is saying is to unhook the ridgeline and then
        > flip the hammock over so you lie on the nylon, rather than lying on
        > the bugnet. i don't know if anyone has done that with a henberry
        > hammock or not...

        Hrm...hadn't thought of that. Sounds like a good plan as long as
        there's not too much stress on the netting. That's worth a good look!

        And that'll make it a top entry hammock, so you could use a PeaPod if
        you wanted. In cold wx, you won't need bug netting anyway.