winter headgear

  • Marta Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      At the Trail Days expo, Ryan Jordan showed off the
      3-oz. down balaclava he uses in the winter. It looks
      excellent. (I have a picture of it. If you would
      like me to send it to you, please email me off list.)

      When I made a Jardine camping quilt last year, I used
      some of the extra fabric and insulation to make a very
      unsightly, but warm, hat. It is great for sleeping in
      cold weather. However, this winter I'll probably
      either break down and get the bomber hat kit or see if
      I can buy one of the down balaclavas.

      Marta

      From: "o123david" <o123david@...>
      Subject: Re: southern AT in the winter

      >Thanks a lot for the recommendation of the Psolar
      mask and the vapor
      shield that comes with it. It should be a lot better
      than the polartec
      balaclava that I usually sleep in and I look forward
      to finally being
      able to keep my nose warm when hiking.
      >Thanks for your help. --David

      Discover Yahoo!